Your eye doctor only implanted the KAMRA™ inlay after a comprehensive exam proved your eyes are healthy. It’s important that you keep your eyes healthy. Here are a few simple guidelines to a lifetime of better vision after your laser eye surgery.
Keeping the KAMRA Inlay Eye Healthy
- Routinely use artificial tears to maintain a healthy cornea.
- Avoid rubbing your eye for the first 90 days.
Maintaining Healthy Vision After Laser Eye Surgery
- Always wear sunglasses with UV protection when outdoors.
- Wear protective eyewear when:
- Playing contact sports.
- Working with liquids, woods, metals, glass or automotive batteries.
- Making home improvements or auto repairs.
- Using lawn equipment.
- Get yearly eye exams.
Accelerating Your Recovery After Laser Eye Surgery
The more you reach for reading glasses, the longer you will need them. Follow these simple exercises to help break the habit.
You will need the following to complete this exercise:
- Time: A minimum of 15 minutes per day.
- Lighting: Adjustable task lighting is ideal or very good overhead lighting.
- Artificial Tears: Preservative-free eye drops.
- Reading Material: Your choice! (e.g.: mobile phone, computer or book.) You may want to start with larger sized print materials. As you gain confidence, try reading smaller text.
- Distance Object: Any object that is a minimum distance of 3m or 10ft. (Examples: clock, picture, window treatments or tree outside the window.)
Steps to Improve Near Vision
- Insert 1 artificial tear drop in each eye. Blink several times.
- Relax for a couple of minutes.
- Adjust the light, if possible, to maximize the amount of light on your reading material.
- Hold your reading material at a comfortable reading distance.
- Read for 5 minutes without glasses.
- Stop reading and focus on your distance object for 1 to 2 minutes.
- Repeat exercise three times.
- If vision becomes blurry while reading, try using artificial tears, blink serveral times and wait a minute before continuing.
- Cover your non-implanted eye and focus on your reading material.
- Adjust your reading material (closer or farther) until your implant eye is able to focus and see the print clearly.
- Uncover your non-implanted eye while you concentrate on keeping the print in focus and both eyes aimed at the reading material.
- Begin reading.
- If you feel your non-implant eye “taking over”, cover the non-implant eye again to regain your clear focus.
What to expect
The First 48 hours
Immediately following surgery, it is common to experience light sensitivity, watery eyes and irritation. Light sensitivity usually occurs the first week.
The First Week
The amount of near vision improvement experienced during the first week varies by individual. Some will notice a dramatic recovery, while others will only experience moderate improvement due to personal healing patterns.
The First Three Months
You are reaching for reading glasses less. Here’s what else you can expect:
- Tear film disorder is very common at this stage. You must use your artificial tears frequently.
- It is normal for your near vision to fluctuate throughout the day. Take frequent breaks from up close tasks to avoid eye strain.
- Visual symptoms such as glare and halos are fairly common.
The Next Nine Months
Your need for reading glasses has decreased significantly. You are enjoying a whole new level of visual freedom. Here’s what else you can anticipate:
- Your doctor will continue to monitor your eyes for tear film disorder.
- You may prefer to use reading glasses to see very fine print, work in dim light conditions or perform a near task for an extended period of time.
Common Visual Symptoms
The KAMRA™ inlay may induce similar visual symptoms as a LASIK or PRK procedure. However, these symptoms are treatable and are expected to resolve over time. The most common symptoms include the following:
Tear Film Disorder
The most common symptons of this condition may include:
- Blurry vision
- Excessive tearing
- Burning, scratchy, or gritty feeling
Or, there may be no noticeable symptoms.
Treatment may involve temporary or permanent punctual plugs, artificial tears and ointments or other medications.
Glare: Light source or scene appears to be in a fog.
Halos: A round cloud around a light at night that is the same color as the light source.
If you have additional questions, please contact us at Perth Laser Vision.
Health care is expensive, that’s why many families cannot order the medicines they need. There are different conditions when people prefer purchase medications from online pharmacy. US citizens get millions varied medicines online. For example Xylocaine causes loss of feeling in an area of your body. Given during surgery. Moreover treats emergency core rhythm problems. Cialis is used to treat few types of health problems. What about dosage for cialis and sexual problems? Apparently every man has heard at least something about cialis for daily use dosage. The definition of erectile malfunction the persistent inability to maintain an erection to the point of orgasm, influence an estimated 15 to 30 millions men in the United States only. Today for men of any age, it can be first sign for severe complaints, so it’s essential for your overall health, not just your sex being, to see a health care vocational if you experience erection dysfunction. Why it happen? What kinds of professionals treat sexual diseases in men? What is the most significant information you would like to know know about this? Ususally patients using this generic mostly do not have potentially serious side effects to Cialis. Store the generics away from excess heat. For example the liquid medicaments for preference have to be kept in the refrigerator, but other may be stored at room temperature.