We currently remain open for all consultations. Laser eye surgeries and lens implantation surgeries are continuing as normal.
- We are currently maintaining social distancing in our waiting room.
- All laser eye surgeries and refractive surgeries performed in Dr McGeorge’s theatre at Murdoch continue to operate as normal.
- Surgeries performed in hospital by Dr McGeorge are still able to continue.
- Contact registers are mandatory at most businesses and venues to help with contact tracing. The WA Government’s SafeWA app provides an efficient and safe way to record contact details. Signing in is mandatory when entering the hospital.
Please DO NOT ATTEND, if you:
- Are currently positive for Covid
- Are deemed a close contact
- Have a fever, cough, runny nose, sore throat, difficulty breathing, fatigue, or any cold/flu-like symptoms.
We thank you for your continued patience and understanding.
SMILE laser or Small-incision lenticule extraction is a new treatment and the latest in the field of keratorefractive surgery.
Small-incision lenticule extraction entails the use of the femtosecond laser to create 4 sequential cuts to form an intrastromal lenticule, which is subsequently separated from the surrounding corneal stroma to provide myopic correction. Continue reading “I have heard about SMILE laser. Is it safe?”
Can I Claim Laser Eye Surgery on My Private Health Insurance?
The cost of laser eye surgery is a significant amount for the average household budget. As such, most people who visit Perth Laser Vision enquire whether part of the cost can be covered by their private health insurance. Generally, this sort of surgery is classified as “lifestyle” surgery by health funds and is not covered except in certain circumstances. Continue reading “Can I Claim Laser Eye Surgery on My Private Health Insurance?”
Can pregnancy affect my vision?
Yes, and vision change happens in up to 15 percent of all pregnant women. During pregnancy, changes in hormones, metabolism, fluid retention, and blood circulation can all affect your eyes and your eyesight. Continue reading “Does your vision change during pregnancy? Is it safe to have laser eye surgery while you are pregnant?”
For all those Presbyopes out there that can relate to this video. Mono-vision LASIK eye surgery is your answer! Call us today to make an appointment to see if you are suitable on 9388 7773.